Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 21, 2009

TOPIC: Discuss first day reflections/learnings.


First day was not a tough day.hehe. :D The thing that caught RSG's attention was the number of students occupying the room. There were 16 students I guess. hehe. :) Im a transferee though.hehe..


I can recall the 4 keys (key activities) in Management. PLANNING. DIRECTING. ORGANIZING. CONTROLLING. RSG asked us if we were an employee, would we like it if we were controlled? At first, we answered YES, we would like it. Reasons were for us to know what we should do, what works must be done, and to work efficiently one has to be managed in order to be organized. In short, if we were employees, we would want to have a MANAGER. Then, RSG asked me to danced. I laughed. Why would I do that? Then he said,you want to be managed,right? So you wanna be controlled. If RSG is the manager, and Im his employee and if he wants me to dance, I should. Just as simple sa that.


Then we realized, as an employee, we dont wanna be controlled but we need to be managed. We were puzzled then. One of my classmates said, WE MUST BE LED. RSG said yeah, that's right. So the right term was LEAD. Meaning there must be a leader not a dictator. RSG said that Leadership and Management are two different words. Both handle people but the two have their different missions. A manager directs, controls and dictates. While a Leader guides, has a mission and vision to stand to. Then we realized that rsg was right. We dont really wanna be managed but we must be led.


That's all I can recall as far as my memory is concerned.hehe. :) 'till next blogging time! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment