Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

TOPIC: Identify a local organization(s) and discuss some of their best IT /IS practices. This should be well supported with evidences. 1000 words.

Honestly, Im shocked about the news that I heard a while ago. RSG posted that the company that must be interviewed for the sake of the assignment given must be approved by him first before posting it on the forum. Im really puzzled on what must I post, the COMPANY THAT I VISITED YESTERDAY or must I post different companies and organizations for RSG’s approval. Im puzzled, really.hehehe..


AVID Sony Shop Inc.


Well, as seen above, the company that I visited was SONY, located at Magallanes beside Aljem’s Inn. I interviewed the IT assigned in that office. Actually, I forgot to ask for his name. What we really did was just a small talk. I think, just about 5 minutes. He gave me the site in which I can refer to for their history and background purposes.


SolidService, the only authorized service center for Sony & Aiwa Products. Started servicing Sony products since 1971, under Solid Industries Inc., then the Sony exclusive licensee in the Philippines. In 1982, Solid Electronics Corporation (SEC) was established as a separate company to specifically concentrate on after-sales service. Subsequently, as the branch network expanded, Solid Electronics Services Inc. was formed to cover provincial branches. SEC and SESI together comprise the nationwide service network for Sony and Aiwa, now commonly known as SolidService, under contract with Sony Philippines as the only authorized service center for Sony and Aiwa products in the country.


SolidService has the most number of owned-operated branches compared to other service organizations in the same industry. There are currently eight branches in the National Capital Region (NCR), eleven in Luzon, eight in Visayas region and five in Mindanao area.

Its mission and vision. SolidService aims to be the leading and most trusted service network in the electronics industry, providing Customer Satisfaction through Quality Service by Quality people.


SolidService has its values, the CUSTOMER FIRST attitude, its CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT, and TRUSTWORTHINESS.

I may sound promoting this organization, but SolidService delivers prompt and reliable repair service in accordance with high quality Sony standards. SolidService branches nationwide operate within the same parameters and well-defined practices to assure customers of consistency in service and pricing. SolidService centrally sources, keeps stock, and distributes needed spare parts efficiently to the branches in the least time possible, generally, within 12 hours in Manila and 48 hours in provincial areas. If parts are not readily available, airship from Sony World repair Parts Center is done. Sony has several services offered, two of them is the HOME SERVICE, and SHOP REPAIR where the customers visit their branches nationwide.


Base on my interview yesterday, the IT assigned in the main office here in Davao cannot really identify or provide me their IS best practices since that their main branch is on Manila. Therefore, he just gave me the flow of how their Information System works. Their main server which is on Manila, uses MySql.


Everyday, they import data on their main server via online. Sales, inventory and all other functions are gained online. They have no specific Information System wherein they separately store, keep and retrieve data.


[To Sir Gamboa, I'm very very sorry for this post, I really have no idea about the MUST POST FIRST THE COMPANY BEFORE POSTING ON THE FORUM. I'm sorry I just heard about it a while ago. :) peace!]


I've taken this pictures as my evidences. :)












No comments:

Post a Comment